Friday, April 17, 2009

My Wonderful Husband!

Daddy and Audie sleeping.
Daddy being silly with Anna.

Daddy helping with Alenia.


Daddy sleeping with Avery.





Daddy who built this doll house from Santa in four 16 hour days.



Daddy who designed this Christmas Tree Halloween costume along with Grampy.



I know that many people may not agree with me, but I truly do have the world's best husband. There are many, many reasons but I thought I would list my top eleven reasons (hey, I couldn't leave out #11) and a few of my favorite pictures.

1. He helps with the kids, cleaning and errands. Now, I have heard of men that don't, but I cannot believe that there are women who tolerate this!

2. He loves my daughter Allison from my first marriage as if she were his "own" child. He even tears up when he states that the only thing he would change was that he was her (only) father.

3. He will clean out the oven for me, the one chore I really, really hate.

4. He comforts me when I need it. A few days ago I was in tears (rare for me) because I was missing my baby (dog) Princess, who has been gone 8 months.

5. He will rub my feet and back whenever I request it with no complaints.

6. He works hard at his job to give his family a nice life.

7. Before we adopted, I watched a show on Oprah with Lisa Ling about Chinese orphans. I bawled all the way through it and made him watch it that night with me again. He agreed with me right then and there that yes, we would adopt a little girl from China. When I came to him about Anna and Audie, he fully jumped on board.

8. He wrestles, tickles, and rough houses with the kids. Which, by the way they love!

9. He makes late night runs for ice cream, carpet cleaner or anything else that may be needed. in a bustling househould of 7!
10. He loves our children endlessly.

11. About one week before I left for China to adopt Audie, we realized we needed our POA certified AND authenticated by the Chinese Embassy in Chicago. He drove there the next day(11hrs) and was at their doorstep when they opened the following day. He then drove all the way home, another 11 hrs.

I love my husband and I do realize how blessed I am to be his wife!!

Becky






1 comment:

Lesa said...

Becky, he is sounds like a dream. Not a whole lot of women are lucky to have a husband like him.
Mine is wonderful also, right now he is in playing with Wendy even though he only got 3 hours of sleep last night for being on call.